Get involved – 17 days left to open the UK caravan industry supply chain!
We need to ensure our elected politicians understand how parks and dealerships can be a safer environment, when further lockdown restrictions are lifted.
The industry is therefore proposing that Under Step 2 of government’s Plan to Rebuild: the COVID-19 recover strategy with effect from 1 June:
- Leisure vehicle dealerships – those selling touring caravans and motorhomes – are permitted to open under the relaxation of premises deemed as non-essential retail under COVID-19 Secure guidelines
- Sales offices on holiday caravan parks are also permitted to open as non-essential retail under the Secure guidelines
- A phased opening of holiday caravan parks starting with private owners only to return to their caravans observing social distancing protocols but with park facilities remaining closed (Phase 1).
The NCC has already written to the Prime Minister, the Chancellor, the Minister for the Cabinet Office, relevant Secretaries of State and Ministers about this. But we need to do more and that is why we need your help to get these messages to local MPs as soon as possible, so they can raise it with the Government at the highest level too.
This is how YOU can help. First, contact your MP TODAY. It is really important that your local MP is aware of the issues, and that you ask him or her to write urgently to government (details of who they need to write to are in the template email text) to unlock the caravan industry supply chain. It is simple – just follow the steps below:
2. Use the text from this template email to draft the content.
3. Please make sure that you include information about you and your business, and the impact the current crisis is having so they understand this from a local constituency viewpoint.
There is a great future for caravan holidays; staycationing will never be more appealing, as people look to holiday at home where it is safe. But we need the parks and dealerships to be allowed to open as soon as it is safe to do so to unlock the rest of the supply chain.
Members are welcome to use our campaign graphics below to help support their online and social media activity: