Below are a number of appointments in Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s new Cabinet that will be of interest to various sectors of the caravan and motorhome industry.
- Jeremy Hunt MP has been re-appointed as Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Dominic Rabb MP has been appointed Deputy PM and Justice Secretary
- Grant Shapps MP has been appointed Business Secretary
- Michelle Donelan MP has been re-appointed as Culture Secretary
- Michael Gove MP has been appointed Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Mark Harper MP has been made Transport Secretary
- Suella Braveman MP returns to her previous appointment of Home Secretary (following her resignation last week).
The government’s fiscal statement planned for Monday 31 October has now been postponed to 17 November 2022 and it is now expected to be a full Autumn Statement. The Office for Budget Responsibility forecast will also be published on the same date.